Welcome to Scott County Habitat for Humanity - National Women Build Week May 5-13, 2018
Thank you for your interest in corporate volunteering. Many businesses are now seeing the short- and long-term benefits of bringing employees outside the walls of the office, and into the volunteer space.
Whether this is your first company volunteer event, or you’re seasoned pros, Habitat provides a fun, easy and engaging experience. We’re in the business of building safe, affordable housing, and would love to work with you.
Research has shown that employees prefer to work for companies invested in charitable causes, and volunteering is a terrific way to facilitate that need at a relatively low cost to you. It is especially important to the Millennial generation, born approximately 1980-2000, which is the second largest outside of the Baby Boomers and is now entering the workforce in droves.
Benefits to corporate volunteering with Scott County Habitat for Humanity
- Learn about your employees on a more personal level.
- Break down the hierarchy walls of traditional corporate structure.
- Assist in projects that provide a better future for other individuals.
- Provide a deeper connection to the area around you.
- Create a more stable environment for those in need.
- Share an experience that you can take back to the office.
Maybe you’ve already spent money on ropes courses, picnics or retreats, and those all certainly have their place. We believe it’s also valuable to invest time with your employees in meaningful work that will not only have an impact on them, but on the people they help for years to come.
Call the Scott County Habitat for Humanity office at 868-1050 or fill out our Volunteer form.